What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A210 intercomm

Blain

Well Known Member
I've read through other threads with similar issues but without resolution.

I can't seem to get all the settings correct to utilize the intercom feature. When the setting for Comm are set the intercom won't break squelch. If I lower squelch level the mic opens in high noise conditions, which is most of the flight in my -8. On the ground I can get it to work but not after setting it for the high noise environment of flight.

I seem to be chasing from squelch, mic gain, sidetone, feedback, etc.

Not interested in a stand alone intercom, but if I cant get this dialed in a GTR might be the answer.

Do you have mic muffs installed on your headset(s)? RVs are way more noisy than most aircraft, due to straight exhausts. I was unable to use a Halo type headset in mine because it didn't have mic noise filtering. Switched to a Bose A20 and all is well.

I used Mic muffs but was never able to get the A210 intercom to work without breaking Sq often. I may have given up to early on the settings ie mic gain Sq and so forth but my RV9 cabin seems to be to noisy for it to function properly. I went to a portable ISOCOM III with vox and auto Sq that has worked quite well. I believe its PS Engineering product. Has battery but I Power from 12v bus via plugin .

Back