What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3 Seats

Bootscooter

HI All,

Just wondering if its possible to put a kids seat in an RV14, has anyone considered it? Could it be done?

Do search on "child seat" and you will come up with a few links.

Here is one thread regarding the subject.

Early on, his child seat (The "bucket" as I called it) would clip into the tie-down rings I had installed and he would use the harness built into the "bucket". As he grew, I had to change the booster seat that was designed to use the harness in the vehicle. For that, I used a seat belt from an airliner, which worked just fine.

This setup worked until his legs got too long and he kept kicking the back of our seats. On my -9, the seat would touch the vertical flap bracket and his legs would fit on either side of that.

The answer to the insurance question depends on what country you fly in. Here in the US, I spoke to my insurance agent after he stopped riding back there and since I never notified them I had three people in the plane, he would not have been covered in the event of an accident. Had I told them, they would have raised my rates, which wouldn't have been a big deal. In the US, the FAA doesn't really care.

Back