What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Customer Built RV-14 Lands at OSH

TimO

Well Known Member
Hey all, had a great day today with the RV-14. Took it to OSH for it's first real x/c flight, landed and got to taxi right into show center at Papa 2, and shut it down while I got my campsites. I guess that officially makes me the first customer to bring their 14 to OSH :)rolleyes:), but it will not be the last time or year it makes it there. It was a beautiful day for flying, and I'm oh so happy to be D.O.N.E.

N14YT_OSH.jpg

Congrats,

That reminds me of my first proving flight in my Sonex. I took it up to Oshkosh with my wife about two weeks before I flew it to Airventure 2011 for it's first Airventure. Went to Basler and had Ripon brand cookies.

Next year for me. First flight this year is still a real possibility.

I should be parked there with the RV-10's. I'm bringing both planes if everything works out and they'll park mine side by side. I should be there all week, but probably won't hang around the plane too much. Please no opening the canopy or climbing in. If I'm there I'll open the canopy up if needed though.
I know the throttle quadrant had a couple of interested people who wanted to sit in it and see how it fit. I can accommodate that for you. It should be a great show this year. It would be pretty cool if we could get another RV-14 there somehow. Is there anyone else who may be coming? I know Stoney is getting his paint done then, but we're not the only 2 completed. The Van's Hobbs count is currently at 7. If I'm not mistaken, that would be, 4 customers flying, right? 1) Factory Demo RV14A, 2) Factory Demo RV14, 3) Mitch Lock (Factory Rep, 1st completed from production parts?) (Do I have that right?)

I think I was #6 on the list, but I'm not positive, not that it matters 'cuz it's not a contest, more of a journey.

Well, see you there. Hope to run into some of you.

Great, I love it. Encouragement by example.

A good bit behind in progress but chipping away at it.

Just a character behind in N-numbers > N14ZT. Maybe we can park next to each other at OSH in . . . 201?.

I certainly will be looking forward to next week to take a look at your new baby. Maybe I can talk you into sharing some tips and maybe getting some pictures.

Steve Brown

Back