What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's tach question

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
Does anyone know who makes the 2 1/4" tach that Vans's sells? I am wondering if there is a way to make it work without the tach-o-generator and cable. It seems kind of odd to use an electric tach but run it with a cable. I thought the reason for using an electric was to get rid of the cable and other mechanicals.
Thanks in advance!

ACS sells the tach generator .
They also have 2 1/4 gauges too.

ISS did make those gauges, don't seem to make anymore.

Does anyone know who makes the 2 1/4" tach that Vans's sells? I am wondering if there is a way to make it work without the tach-o-generator and cable. It seems kind of odd to use an electric tach but run it with a cable. I thought the reason for using an electric was to get rid of the cable and other mechanicals.
Thanks in advance!

the vans tach uses a x pulse per rev input, i will have to check the one at the hanger i think its either 4 or 8 pulses. it would be a simple matter of throwing a scope on the output and measuring the voltage of the pulse. a simple pulse generator and conditioning circuit could be built. or just switch to a light speed that has the output already in it.

bob

Back