What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

B184 nav/strobe

funflying

Well Known Member
I did some searching on the posted threads to see if any information showed up but I couldn't find anything.

I am installing the new blue plugs in the fuslage, Left & Right, and working off 31A-07 & 08. Everything was going okay until I ran into the noise filter drawing and intructions on page 08 and also had 2 new wires for lighting having installed the Skyview panel. I called Vans and spoke with Ken and sorted out the L456 & L458 wires and where to connect these. This was not on my 31A plans but we got it figured out.

Shortly after handing up the phone and proceeding forward I discovered issues with B184. When I installed this wire during the finish kit it went from left to right like the new strobe synch. I noted where on the right side B184 would be inserted into position 8, but no reference to the left side. If I do this the left side B184 would have no where to go thus leaving the right side not connected to anything.

When I was on the phone with Ken he was referring to the wiring diagram posted on the internet, but I still am having trouble down loading the diagram for viewing.

If this makes any sense and someone recalls how to sort this out letting me know would be greatly appreciated! Next I will do the wing revision installing the blue plugs, but it will involve some re-arranging in the garage to get the wings from their craddle and accessable to run the new wires and install the plugs.

Yeah, I am hung up there as well, one of those things I just quit on until I could study it a lot more.

RV12 Roger

I was again looking at the download and have the instructions on my desktop so maybe I will try again.:eek:

Got it!

I discovered one of the fine RV12 builders sent me a wiring diagram in PDF format and I found it in my files. After review I discovered the left side of the fuslage connects stays the same and the spade connector with B184 plugs into the noise filter. It is the right side of the fuslage where B184 appears that plugs into position 8 in the blue connector.

I have to hunt up another spade connector and hope the molex connector I will have to cut off will not run me short when I do the wings.

Wiring diagram saves the day!! And the person who sent it to me, Thanks.:)

Back