What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyView Autopilot Control Panel install with Finish Kit Shipped before 08-25-11

RV12Roger

i want to install the SkyView Autopilot Control Panel with my Finish Kit Shipped before 08-25-11.

Has anyone done this with the early wiring harness? Any problems figuring this out with the installation directions that Dynon supply?

i want to install the SkyView Autopilot Control Panel with my Finish Kit Shipped before 08-25-11.

Has anyone done this with the early wiring harness? Any problems figuring this out with the installation directions that Dynon supply?
Unless you have already planned on it, strongly suggest you also install the Autopilot Knob Panel. It compliments the Autopilot Control Panel nicely. I suspect you will use the Knob Panel more often than the Autopilot Control Panel.

Just be aware that the control panel only works in the "expert " mode. If you operate in that configuration, it is worth the extra bucks. Otherwise, just use the panel controls in simplified mode.

Thanks dgamble:

Checked your referenced site and it appears that maybe you do have the earlier Skyview harness. Your info will be helpful in my installation.

I am 1200189 - pretty early.

Updating the old harness took quite a bit of fiddling. Would be interesting to know the ship date of your wiring harness to compare with my date.

Will call Vans tech support to see what they say.

I will be installing Vans kit with the controller module and and switch module.

Back