What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12...rocket

PilotBrent

Well Known Member
Nothing like a near 40 kt tailwind to make a routine flight home a little more exciting. Was showing 160 kt ground speed at times on Saturday in western PA. With only 10 gal left in tank, Skyview showed 373 nm range! (if only) Now the trip the other way earlier in the day was not worth bragging about...:D
2mrtog8.png

Brent,

You got me beat! Yesterday I was cruising at 142 KTS GS with a 46 KT tailwind. Sure sucked when I turned around to come home!:D

Rich

ADS-B OK and ADS-B Status

Regarding the screenshot above.

I am getting the orange traffic victors with my ADS-B. But I am not getting the ADS-B OK or the ADS-B Status indication.

I am flying in Southern California and should be getting all that ADS-B provides.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this?

Roger Chastain
Copper State Fly In
2nd Place Custom Metal Built

Nothing like a near 40 kt tailwind to make a routine flight home a little more exciting. Was showing 160 kt ground speed at times on Saturday in western PA. With only 10 gal left in tank, Skyview showed 373 nm range! (if only) Now the trip the other way earlier in the day was not worth bragging about...:D
2mrtog8.png

Not bad. I have seen 158kts over Cape May, N.J.. Skunkworks broke the 160 kt. barrier up around Pottstown.

Hi Everyone,

I see you have a range on your screen. Is someone able to describe how to set that up please?

Cheers
Julian 120316

Range

Hi Everyone,

I see you have a range on your screen. Is someone able to describe how to set that up please?

Cheers
Julian 120316

As I recall, I don't believe Van's has it as a standard item in the basic setup. You can go into the screen setup mode in Skyview and add/delete and move information items like this around each of the MAP, PFD and ENGINE screens. (should describe the steps in the Dynon manual, but figured it out by just reading the menus) I removed the the spar pin indicator for instance to make room for items like the fuel remaining calculation. I have the layout where I like it now, but will be adding the canopy sensor switch during my annual next month and will have to reload the Van's setup file. That will wipe out the custom setup on Skyview so I will have to go back in and edit the layout once again.

Brent, it will be easier for you to just add the canopy switch widget functionality manually than to redo your custom EMS screens. By knowing what input sensor the new switch is being mapped to (which you can figure out from the pinout diagrams on the EMS module), you can open the Vans file in a text editor and pretty easily figure it out.

Consider - every other Skyview buyer than RV12s build each input themselves rather than have a config file given them. It isn't very complicated.

Search this forum for custom EMS screens and custom Skyview widgets.

Last edited:
Back