What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with wireing the Music Input jack and Pitch Trim Servo

RV12Roger

The Music Input jack is connected to the WH-RV12-Tunnel connector with 2 white wires and a green one that is attached to the shielding of the 2 wires. The 2 white wires connect to #1 and #20. Van's schematic does not show the position the green wire pin is inserted. Where should this green wire terminate.

The schematic does show the jack grounded (line to triangle). Is this ground simply indicating the jack is screwed to bare aluminum and is therefore the jack is grounded?

Pitch Trim Servo wires are also connected to WH-RV12-Tunnel connector with 5 wires. The 2 white wires are in question. When I originally installed the wire harness many moons ago I marked one of the white wires "+Trim Nose Up". My guess is that these 2 white wires must be in the right pin socket, #31 or #32 or the trim would operate in reverse. I might have put power to the wire back in the day to confirm direction??
Does it matter which socket the white wires go in? Do you designate direction in the Dynon or ?

Thanks for any help out there.

Roger Chastain

Back