What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat Belt Hardware

macrafic

Well Known Member
Can somebody tell me which plan sheet contains the callout for the hardware that attaches the seat belts to the seat belt anchor cables in the baggage area?
(RV-7 or RV-7A?)

Drawing 26
Detail D
If you're talking about where the harness connects to end of the cable, then I don't recall that there was a drawing.
I think I have either an AN4 or AN5 bolt washer(s) & nut; whatever the hole diameters are.

Last edited:
seat belts

Rich,
Are you going to get this done by next week? I need to buy you a beer at OSH.
Fred

Appreciate the help Sam, but again that is not what I need. Your suggestion shows the hardware needed to attach the shoulder harness cable to the aircraft. What hardware is used at the other end of that cable to attach the shoulder harness itself?

Rich,
Are you going to get this done by next week? I need to buy you a beer at OSH.
Fred

Fred, the plane is done (minus a few interior parts yet), paperwork is submitted and it will undergo inspection (hopefully accompanied by an airworthiness certificate) right after we return from Osh.

We are at Oshkosh now. 2 nights at the Hilton and 5 more at the dorms. What is your status?

Appreciate the help Sam, but again that is not what I need. Your suggestion shows the hardware needed to attach the shoulder harness cable to the aircraft. What hardware is used at the other end of that cable to attach the shoulder harness itself?

If it's like the -6s, and each end of the cable has the same fitting, then the same AN4-7A bolt and hardware will work.

The harness simply has a "tab" that fits in the slot in the cable end fitting.

Seat belt

Rich,

We can show you when we get there. Judie and I plan to be in HBC early Monday morning. Don't forget the social Monday night.

Back