What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stainless steel Fuel Drain!

Zurixs

I'm New Here
Hello! Is there any stainless steel fuel drain for the RV10?
And where can I buy it?

Tilio Farias

Dumb question... Why the need for stainless?

OK, more like a loaded question. One of my CAV110 belly drains is in the exhaust gas flow, though several feet behind it. It really doesn't like being there, so I was wondering if the SS version would better deal with the contaminants from the exhaust?

Dumb question... Why the need for stainless?

OK, more like a loaded question. One of my CAV110 belly drains is in the exhaust gas flow, though several feet behind it. It really doesn't like being there, so I was wondering if the SS version would better deal with the contaminants from the exhaust?

That drain is hanging out in the wind and really does start to corrode over time. This is one place where a stainless fitting really would have some value in my opinion.

I replaced mine last year after 10 years and 750-ish hours. The springs especially were so rusted that I worried about failure. My airplane sits in a hangar most of the time but the airport is about 3 miles from the Pacific.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like it's time to get the McFarlane stainless part. Dang, should have purchased it from them at Oshkosh...

Back