What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SENSENICH GROUND ADJUSTABLE--GREAT PROP

ONETIMO

I'm New Here
I purchased a ground adjustable prop from Van’s, a Sensenich PROP 2G0M7/C72RG-0. I have had the chance to fly two other props on the same airframe using a Lycoming 320, a climb prop from Sensenich and the ground adjustable from Whirl Wind. The Sensenich ground adjustable prop is awesome in comparison. The only prop that may out perform this one would be a constant speed. I was planning on buying the Electric Airmaster prop, but have now decided to stay with the Sensenich Ground Adjustable. The prop has six settings, 2-7, and I’m using the #6 setting now, and it is turning at 2250 static ground and 2750 at max power at cruise. It doesn’t seem to bog down during aerobatic maneuvers like the Whirl Wind or even the climb prop; it is smooth and picks up rpm quickly unlike the other props.

In the process of purchasing the Ground Adjustable, I had a chance to interact with both the Lead Engineer and the GM at Sensenich. They were completely involved in making sure that the prop was exactly what I needed. When the prop was delivered, they followed up to check on its performance. Great company and customer service.

Last edited:
Sensenich ground adjustable- great prop

Hi Timo, I?m really pleased with mine as well.

One thing you want to check is the diameter of the setting pins, mine were miss labeled. My #6 was larger in diameter than the other end marked #7.

Sensenich gave me the drawings for the #8 and #9 pins the installation manual talks about. I machine them myself and currently have the prop set at #8. It dropped my static RPM to 2170. I?m just starting to use this setting and the weather has not been cooperating to get some real numbers. The one flight I did have showed a noticeable improvement in cruise speed and I no longer over speed at 8000 feet at wide open throttle.

Terry

I like mine also. I have an IO-360 with 9:1 pistons. I am running the 5 pin, and I get about 2690 WOT at 8500'. Also, its a really good looking prop!

Love mine too

Love mine. O320 160 hp Rv4
I couldnt get enough pitch with the pitch pins so they reindexed the alignment pin to the 180hp position on the blades. No charge.

If they were smart they would give a heavy spacer option.

Cm

+ 1

+1 for the Ground Adjustable Sensi. I've put about 60hrs on mine. I'm getting shorter take-offs and better high altitude airport performance. Bruce covers made a nice cover for it which fits nicely. John

+1 for the Ground Adjustable Sensi. I've put about 60hrs on mine. I'm getting shorter take-offs and better high altitude airport performance. Bruce covers made a nice cover for it which fits nicely. John

Is the Bruce's prop cover on their website, or was that a special order?

Hi Terry, I saw your old note regarding the prop pin drawings from Sensenich.
Any chance you still have the drawings and could forward me a copy.

I ran out of cruise pitch on the pins supplied by Sensenich and had to use a prop protractor to get additional pitch. I want to avoid sending it back to Florida to have it re-indexed to use the pins I currently have. So it sure would be nice to have some 8 and 9 pins.

Thanks, Steve Briggs in NH N43EV RV9 150hrs.

Awesome to read so many positive comments. Have my prop on order and very excited to fly with it.

Bruce cover

The Bruce cover was not on the web site. I had to take some measurements for them. Mine fit well and looks great, but could have benefitted from an extra 1/2" of overall length. I have a 6A. My name is John R Powell if you want to reference my cover. (Cost before shipping and tax was $175.00.)

My old aluminum prop now hangs on the wall of my den. It's a good way to display my wife's "swag" from her runs. Use strong screws if you do the same. Those old props are heavy. John

14jpyxg.jpg

Last edited:
The Bruce cover was not on the web site. I had to take some measurements for them. Mine fit well and looks great, but could have benefitted from an extra 1/2" of overall length. I have a 6A. My name is John R Powell if you want to reference my cover.

My old aluminum prop now hangs on the wall of my den. It's a good way to display my wife's "swag" from her runs. Use strong screws if you do the same. Those old props are heavy. John

14jpyxg.jpg

Thanks, John. Could you post a picture of the prop cover. Thanks again.

Thanks, for the replay, I just don't want to pull the prop off and ship it to Florida, If I lived down that way I'd drive it over.

Steve

Hi Terry, I saw your old note regarding the prop pin drawings from Sensenich.
Any chance you still have the drawings and could forward me a copy.

I ran out of cruise pitch on the pins supplied by Sensenich and had to use a prop protractor to get additional pitch. I want to avoid sending it back to Florida to have it re-indexed to use the pins I currently have. So it sure would be nice to have some 8 and 9 pins.

Thanks, Steve Briggs in NH N43EV RV9 150hrs.

Hi Steve, I?ve forwarded the drawing from Sensenich. Let me know if you receive it ok.

Terry

Back