What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stroker CC340 Update?

BruceMe

Well Known Member
ECi Stroker CC340 Update?

I'm making long term plans on an RV-3 kit I purchased for a future project. I'm vaguely considering making it a "Super-3" using a rebuild O-320 core with ECi CC340 cylinders, O-360 crank, etc... Seem the CubCrafter crowd still supports this engine (updates in 2014). Can I call up ECi and get these cylinders now that it's owned by TCM? Is this even wise? I'm not a performance nut.. but I know an honest 180hp fastback RV-3 would be pretty cool/unusual.

Thoughts and Thanks!

Last edited:
Your call!

I'm making long term plans on an RV-3 kit I purchased for a future project. I'm vaguely considering making it a "Super-3" using a rebuild O-320 core with ECi CC340 cylinders, O-360 crank, etc... Seem the CubCrafter crowd still supports this engine (updates in 2014). Can I call up ECi and get these cylinders now that it's owned by TCM? Is this even wise? I'm not a performance nut.. but I know an honest 180hp fastback RV-3 would be pretty cool/unusual.

Thoughts and Thanks!

I would E-mail or call, James Ball, Bobby Lopper or Jimmy Tubs and ask them, as that is the best source you will probably fine at "E.C.I" .
Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

They were cranking them out in mass when I toured the ECI factory last November. As the previous poster said, give ECI a call. They are located in San Antonio and are now part of Continental (TCM).

Back