What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FltPlanGO and Dynon

GalinHdz

Well Known Member
I just found out that you can export a flight plan created in FltPlanGo to the DYNON Skyview or GARMIN 400/500.

1 - You go to Fltplan.com on the computer
2 - From the MAIN MENU select SETTINGS
2 - In SETTINGS - Click on EDIT AIRCRAFT LIST
3 - Find your aircraft and click on the DYNON* .gpx and/or GARMIN* box
4 - Click - SAVE

For DYNON: Next time you create or modify a flight plan, when you get to the NavLog page look for the GPX Flight Plan link on the bottom right of the page. Right click on the link and save it to your USB thumb drive. Plug the USB drive into the SkyView and upload it.

For GARMIN: Next time you create or modify a flight plan, when you get to the NavLog page look for the GARMIN link at the bottom right of the page. Right click on the link and save it as an .fpl file. Then use the free GARMIN Flight Plan Migrator software to put it on the GARMIN memory chip.

I downloaded a .gpx flight plan to my USB drive and will try to upload it into my SkyView tomorrow. Now if we could only do this via the WIFI dongle.

:cool:

Last edited:
If you can get it into Foreflight, then you can send it over wifi to the Dynon.

... I downloaded a .gpx flight plan to my USB drive and will try to upload it into my SkyView tomorrow. Now if we could only do this via the WIFI dongle.

It'll work. I've been doing it for some time. I really like FltPlan.com & FltPlan Go. It would be nice to be able to communicate between FltPlan Go and Skyview but using the flash drive to transport the flight plans isn't too bad and it's tough to beat the price :)

It also works over WIFI with the current SkyView software version. Make your flight plan on FltPlanGo then transfer it to your panel via WIFI. As posted on the DYNON Forum:

"In iOS, first make sure you're connected to SkyView's Wi-Fi access point. Then, fire up the FltPlan app. You should see a momentary overlay message that it's connected to SkyView. When everything is connected, and you're on the FltPlan map page, there should be a new blue square icon in the top bar with up/down arrows. Press that and you'll see options for importing and exporting your flight plan to SkyView. Also, FltPlan will automatically use SkyView GPS position."

:cool:

Last edited:
gerrychuck - did you ever get clarity on this question? I have the same situation. If I end up with the GRT HXr, I would like to be able to update a flight plan via Foreflight, WingX, or similar iOS application, and then push the new waypoints to the GRT HXr.

gerrychuck - did you ever get clarity on this question? I have the same situation. If I end up with the GRT HXr, I would like to be able to update a flight plan via Foreflight, WingX, or similar iOS application, and then push the new waypoints to the GRT HXr.
FltPlan Go is open to working with any manufacturer. I didn't see anything on GRT's documentation that shows how you would get data to anything other than their app.

Please let us know if you'd like us to look into it for the future.

The short answer is YES, PLEASE! :)

The longer answer is that even a limited functionality of getting the flight plan info into GRT's app would be better than nothing at all. Once in the GRT app we can upload via WIFI to HX/HXr EFIS units.

Back