After playing with the brake springs way too long I've finally settled on my spring configuration. I ended up just using nylon washers and the 0.5" OD spring. The slightly larger spring actually looked bigger so I decided against it even though I had tracked down sleeves that would fit inside. Now I have a ton of parts I'm not going to use but at least I got to evaluate all the options. My configuration now looks like Bruce's.
If you are interested in any of these extra parts PM me.
2016 Donation Paid
RV-7 Fuselage in progress
* Mid Fuselage Complete
* Aft Fuselage Complete
RV-7 SB Wings
* Both Wings fully skinned
* Fuel Tanks Complete - No leaks finally
* Ailerons Complete
* Flaps Complete
RV-7 Empennage - Complete (a little fiberglass work left)
Vans Training Kit # 2 - Complete
Shop Setup - In Progress (Gathering Tools, Never Complete)
RV-7 Preview Plans
Vans Training Kit #1 - Complete
EAA Sheet Metal Class - Complete
Last edited by rapid_ascent : 04-23-2017 at 10:03 AM.