VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-13-2017, 05:13 AM

Default RVs in Tampa?

My wife and I got to sit in an RV-10 last week at Sun n Fun and a member here (Thanks Frank!) let my wife and I hang out with him and chat about the RV-10 while he was here for the airshow.

After this I'm very confident this is the airplane I want to build and my wife was thoroughly impressed as well which is a big change from "You want to build an airplane?!?" to a more "That was a nice plane! Tell me more."

So I'm wondering if there are any RV owners in the Tampa Bay Area that would be willing to take me for a ride? (in particular an RV-10 but I'm not picky). I'd be happy to pay for the fuel or buy a lunch for you in return.

Thanks,
-Adam
Old 04-13-2017, 05:24 AM

There's an RV owner at Tampa Exec who has a beautiful RV-10 that he's looking for a partner in. He had an ad here.

Last edited by rv7boy : 04-13-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: reference to BS.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:15 PM

Default Be careful! Could be expensive --

I gave rides to two folks, already this year ---- they both went out and bought RVs (6A and 7A) ----- would be happy to give you some time in my -6A, based at Clearwater Airpark.

I did co-build an RV-10, and flew it about 4 years before it was sold. - The -10 is a perfect, comfortable, cross-country airplane --- the two-seaters are sports cars and a bunch of fun and can provide fast cross country for two people.

Ron
simie1@knology.net
IO360, 180HP/CS
Very Happy Contributor
Based at KCLW (Clearwater, FL)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSIM View Post
I gave rides to two folks, already this year ---- they both went out and bought RVs (6A and 7A) ----- would be happy to give you some time in my -6A, based at Clearwater Airpark.

I did co-build an RV-10, and flew it about 4 years before it was sold. - The -10 is a perfect, comfortable, cross-country airplane --- the two-seaters are sports cars and a bunch of fun and can provide fast cross country for two people.

Ron
simie1@knology.net
Ron,

I'm over in Clearwater all the time because of family in Palm Harbor and St. Pete so I will definitely try and work something out to meet with you.

Well aware of how expensive of a ride it could actually turn out to be. haha
Old 04-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Just wanted to post a public thank you to Ron!

He took me up this morning in his RV-6 and then we sat and talked for a little while.

RV Alley at CLW seems like a great place and maybe I'll join you there in a couple years with an RV-10.

I know many people warn about the RV grin and it's true. The performance is one thing but the part of the plane that's so amazing to me is the controls. They are just so light and so crisp it's amazing. You think about moving them more than actually moving them and the plane just goes where you want it to.

Thanks Ron!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrcks9901 View Post
Just wanted to post a public thank you to Ron!

He took me up this morning in his RV-6 and then we sat and talked for a little while.

RV Alley at CLW seems like a great place and maybe I'll join you there in a couple years with an RV-10.

I know many people warn about the RV grin and it's true. The performance is one thing but the part of the plane that's so amazing to me is the controls. They are just so light and so crisp it's amazing. You think about moving them more than actually moving them and the plane just goes where you want it to.

Thanks Ron!
Put your name on the hangar list now - I've been waiting 4 years so far!

Chris
Old 04-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket RV9 View Post
Put your name on the hangar list now - I've been waiting 4 years so far!

Chris
Haha. I actually live over in Brandon.

Was just saying I would go visit over there. It's a great little airport!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 AM

Default Visit us at ZPH

A couple of us will be at ZPH on Sat morning if you're interested in driving up early. I'll be working on installing new Xpndr and doing a few laps around the patch later.
I'm in hangar 4, unit 8. Facing runway on the main ramp. Hanger next door neighbor and I both flying RV9A's.

Chris (Yellowjacket RV9) signs that he is based at ZPH but remains elusive. One of these days he'll come out of hiding.
Based at KZPH
AA4SR
Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrai View Post
A couple of us will be at ZPH on Sat morning if you're interested in driving up early. I'll be working on installing new Xpndr and doing a few laps around the patch later.
I'm in hangar 4, unit 8. Facing runway on the main ramp. Hanger next door neighbor and I both flying RV9A's.

Chris (Yellowjacket RV9) signs that he is based at ZPH but remains elusive. One of these days he'll come out of hiding.
I'll be there tomorrow by 10ish. A rare Saturday with no work and the wife out of town. Will be tinkering and flying I'm sure. Hangar 10 unit 1, far west row of hangars.

Chris
Old 04-21-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrai View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket RV9 View Post
I'll be there tomorrow by 10ish. A rare Saturday with no work and the wife out of town. Will be tinkering and flying I'm sure. Hangar 10 unit 1, far west row of hangars.

Chris
Tomorrow I have a mock checkride scheduled with my school's lead instructor so I'll have to pass for that day. I have seen a number of RV owners fly out of ZPH. I'll have to ask you guys some more questions about it when I start looking for hangar spaces.

VDF is closer to me but ZPH isn't too far.