VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-03-2017, 07:34 PM

Default Starting my RV10

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I expect I'll be posting dumb questions and looking for advice as I being my own project.

Been lurking for a bit and spent the last year cleaning up my garage and purchasing the needed tools. I'm headed to Sun N' Fun for the first time on Wed and hoping to run into a number of you.

Delivery of my Empennage kit is scheduled for the Monday after Sun N Fun, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can just right in!
RV10 - #41778
Empennage - In Progress
RV10builder.com
Old 04-03-2017, 07:53 PM

Default Welcome

Brian,

Welcome I too am trying to start my RV10 - I can't get the darn motor to start - yet!!!

Welcome to the group, it is a fun project.

Drippy
Old 04-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Welcome. I'm 8 months in and love every minute of it. Just placed my SB fuse and QB wings order today!
N189PT- Christen Eagle II
N627DG (reserved)- RV10 in the making
www.marksfamilyrv10.wordpress.com
Old 04-03-2017, 09:43 PM

Default Hi

Welcome! I'm on the elevators, should be ordering wings this summer
RV-10 #1750
N67SC reserved
http://n67sc.blogspot.com/
2016 Dues Paid
Old 04-04-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drippy View Post
Brian,

Welcome I too am trying to start my RV10 - I can't get the darn motor to start - yet!!!

Welcome to the group, it is a fun project.

Drippy
Ha. I guess I should have thought my title out a bit more. I have a long way to go before I even have a motor to start.
RV10 - #41778
Empennage - In Progress
RV10builder.com
Old 04-04-2017, 05:25 AM

Welcome to VAF.

I'm working in the fuse kit. In the next month or two, I will be changing over from aluminum to fiberglass -- the dreaded canopy top.

The guys and gals on VAF are great. They know so much and can provide all kinds of good advice especially hints or tricks discovered by the members here. If you get to OSH try to attend the RV builders dinner or the social. It's really great to be able to put a face with a login name.

It's a great project. Just be sure to make a bit, even if it's small, progress every day.
StarkVEGAS, Mississippi
2017 Dues paid
Old 04-04-2017, 06:58 AM

Brian,
Congrats!! There's a lot of RV experience in general and RV-10 experience specifically in NOVA, and lot of it resides in EAA Chapter 186 at Manassas (KHEF). There's three RV-10s based there to include my own, one at Leesburg that I know of, and soon to be one at Warrenton. Please don't hesitate to reach out for support. I have a wing and fuse cradle that you can use when the time comes and the Chapter has a trailer for moving projects from the house to the airport for final assembly, if applicable.
WAR EAGLE!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
Brian,
Congrats!! There's a lot of RV experience in general and RV-10 experience specifically in NOVA, and lot of it resides in EAA Chapter 186 at Manassas (KHEF). There's three RV-10s based there to include my own, one at Leesburg that I know of, and soon to be one at Warrenton. Please don't hesitate to reach out for support. I have a wing and fuse cradle that you can use when the time comes and the Chapter has a trailer for moving projects from the house to the airport for final assembly, if applicable.
Absolutely. Was at the last chapter meeting and after talking to everyone decided that I really needed to just order the kit and start building. I fully expect to tap into a lot of the local experience. Hopefully I'll catch up with you at the next Chapter meeting.
RV10 - #41778
Empennage - In Progress
RV10builder.com
Old 04-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Default Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
Brian,
I guess the mountain cousin is going to have to apply for his FAA freedom-of-movement papers - so I can once again visit airports near DC. There's some expertise close by (in RV hours) I should probably avail myself of. Especially as I get closer to choosing interior appointments.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A flying since '98
RV-10 in process

donating monthly to the VAF - thanks, Doug
Old 04-04-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Boyd View Post
I guess the mountain cousin is going to have to apply for his FAA freedom-of-movement papers - so I can once again visit airports near DC. There's some expertise close by (in RV hours) I should probably avail myself of. Especially as I get closer to choosing interior appointments.

Absolutely -- come on up! Our Chapter meetings are on Saturday mornings (4th Sat of the month) 10:00-12:00 and we grill out afterwards (weather permitting). The Chapter house is located on the East ramp at the end of a hangar row, right next to the KHEF Control Tower so it's pretty easy to find. But I'm willing to head out to the airport to chew the fat almost anytime.
WAR EAGLE!