VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-21-2017, 03:50 PM

Default Finishing Kit Question

Well, a current thread about seatbelt lugs made me start to think. I just inventoried my finishing kit and there are no seat belts included. I figured for the price we are paying we would get seat belts. but my more concerning question:

What else is not supplied in the finishing kit? Other than the obvious like avionics and engine.

I know that seats are not, but what else? Like the grips for the stick--I guess that there are too many options for this one.

Just curious.

RV-14 (serial number 140073)
N73XP (at least that # reserved now)
Old 03-22-2017, 06:48 AM

No grips, no seat belts, no main wiring harness, no dash fan harness, no angled fuse holder assembly. I wish the floor parts and seat backs that come in the finishing kit were in the fuselage kit as it would have made priming and painting them easier to do along with the fuselage parts. I have the Tosten grips and RV-14 aftermarket sticks as well, the sticks/grips don't hit the dash when assembled and don't need to be cut down like the factory sticks do.

Leesburg, VA
RV-14A kit # 140243
VAF 2017 and 2018 paid
www.mykitlog.com/chrismoon/
Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM

Yes I found it odd that the seatbacks and cockpit cover panels weren't in the fuselage kit. Also why is there no instrument panel? This should have been listed as an opt out /in when ordering.
wings almost complete.
Flaps and ailerons done.
Canopy next. Phew!
Old 03-22-2017, 06:12 PM

This could easily be a sticky thread... One to list the things you need to decide on yourself with no help from Van's. Two for the options people have chosen.

For example I'm trying to decide on a parking brake cable. Really like this site: http://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/Pro...2&ID=13975852&

If I have a Beringer parking brake, do I need a locking cable? Or will it stay put when I pull it? I could find out the hard way I guess.....