- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron sterba View Post
Hello Dynon. Is it still true that the Dynon GPS puck holds all the GPS components and antenna not like the Garmin puck is only a antenna. Does it still hold true that Dynon doesn't recommend a under the cowl location because of the heat of the engine and the hot tempertures of the southern United States that might damage the electronics in the puck.
We've specifically tested the stock location on the RV-12 under the cowl and it's fine. I don't think we've ever suggested that it isn't for heat reasons. We did worry about signal loss at one point but verified that is not an issue.

Even the "Garmin" antenna is not just an antenna. All GPS antennas have amplifiers in them, which are temperature sensitive as well.
425-402-0433
www.DynonAvionics.com
Old 02-25-2016, 02:02 PM

Default Autopilot on checklist

I am preparing for my DFE. My CFI recommended I confirm Autopilot operation as a part of my checklist. Has anyone else seen this? What & how whould I do to confirm it is good to go on the ground?
Old 02-25-2016, 04:16 PM

SkyView has a built in autopilot test in the setup menu. You can't do much more than that on the ground. It confirms things move the direction you expect.
425-402-0433
www.DynonAvionics.com
Old 03-29-2017, 07:48 AM

Default NEW Foreflight ver 9.0 has added checklist capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotBrent View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w705oiihit...Rev_A.txt?dl=0

I've been editing the template file that Dynon offers on their website using the RV-12 POH with some of my own preferences/changes. Still learning how best to abbreviate checklist items and fine tune the screen layout. This is DRAFT - worth the time to go through it line by line and confirm it makes sense. I loaded an earlier version this morning and made some changes since, but as expected Dynon's design is fairly easy to understand. Really like the flexibility to refine any checklist to what you want. (note: I'm keeping my laminated checklist on hand, especially for emergency items. This screen version might prove more convenient, but time will tell. Haven't flown with the electronic list yet.)

So, this file might save you time in customizing for your own use but please poke me if you find sig. errors.
In case you haven't noticed, the latest version of ForeFlight (9) was just released and they've also added an electronic checklist option. They provided a few starter lists for various aircraft types (no RVs!) that can be customized by the user and shared with others.

I'm not savvy enough, but is there an RV-12 keener out there who can convert the electronic RV-12 checklists created for Skyview last year (see link above) into the format that ForeFlight is using ...and who would be willing to share the file with the rest of us? ('I'm obviously lazy and want to avoid having to type them all in from scratch). B.
RV-12, N913BC
Hobbs over 360 hours and on second set of main tires!
http://www.mykitlog.com/brent45

Check out & subscribe to my Youtube channel for latest RV-12 flying videos...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ...Px2I7jmazGdLqg
Old 03-30-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynonsupport View Post
SkyView has a built in autopilot test in the setup menu. You can't do much more than that on the ground. It confirms things move the direction you expect.
I found that on the ground you can set the autopilot in level mode and force the stick to create a slip which will be signaled on the screen. As the integrated test is transparent this gives me a positive confirmation that the autopilot is operational.

Builder's name: Jean-Pierre Bernoux
Sport Pilot
Kit # 120395 N124BX
Flying as of 9/11/2013

Builder's Blog:http://vieilleburette.blogspot.com/
EAA 1114
Old 04-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Cool Foreflight RV12 checklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotBrent View Post
In case you haven't noticed, the latest version of ForeFlight (9) was just released and they've also added an electronic checklist option. They provided a few starter lists for various aircraft types (no RVs!) that can be customized by the user and shared with others.

I'm not savvy enough, but is there an RV-12 keener out there who can convert the electronic RV-12 checklists created for Skyview last year (see link above) into the format that ForeFlight is using ...and who would be willing to share the file with the rest of us? ('I'm obviously lazy and want to avoid having to type them all in from scratch). B.
Did you get a response?
Old 04-03-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben barron View Post
Did you get a response?
Not yet...no takers out there.
RV-12, N913BC
Hobbs over 360 hours and on second set of main tires!
http://www.mykitlog.com/brent45

Check out & subscribe to my Youtube channel for latest RV-12 flying videos...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ...Px2I7jmazGdLqg