- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2016, 09:19 AM

Default Dynon rocks!

You guys are almost making this too easy....
RV-12, N913BC
Hobbs over 390 hours and on second set of main tires!
http://www.mykitlog.com/brent45

Check out & subscribe to my Youtube channel for latest RV-12 flying videos...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ...Px2I7jmazGdLqg
Old 01-15-2016, 11:30 AM

Dynon . . . a great American company.
With superior customer support.
Keep up the good work and keep prices competitive.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:51 PM

Question version 14 checklists

Has anyone already built the checklists for the new version 14 and willing to share?
Old 01-17-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben barron View Post
Has anyone already built the checklists for the new version 14 and willing to share?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w705oiihit...Rev_A.txt?dl=0

I've been editing the template file that Dynon offers on their website using the RV-12 POH with some of my own preferences/changes. Still learning how best to abbreviate checklist items and fine tune the screen layout. This is DRAFT - worth the time to go through it line by line and confirm it makes sense. I loaded an earlier version this morning and made some changes since, but as expected Dynon's design is fairly easy to understand. Really like the flexibility to refine any checklist to what you want. (note: I'm keeping my laminated checklist on hand, especially for emergency items. This screen version might prove more convenient, but time will tell. Haven't flown with the electronic list yet.)

So, this file might save you time in customizing for your own use but please poke me if you find sig. errors.
RV-12, N913BC
Hobbs over 390 hours and on second set of main tires!
http://www.mykitlog.com/brent45

Check out & subscribe to my Youtube channel for latest RV-12 flying videos...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ...Px2I7jmazGdLqg

Last edited by PilotBrent : 01-17-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynonsupport View Post
Dynon specifically tested the stock RV-12 GPS antenna location in development of the SV-GPS-2020. That location gives great performance, even under the cowl.

I don't think we ever said you can't paint it. What we generically said was that just because a location worked for the GPS-250 doesn't mean it would work for the GPS-2020, especially if it was under something or had a less than perfect view of the sky. We did actually worry about the RV-12 location but our tests demonstrated otherwise.

Dynon loves the RV-12. No way we'd leave you guys hangin' or make you do a lot of work for a retrofit!
Looks like the existing 250 can be turned sideways and the new 2020 can be mounted beside it....then it appears only one wire would need to be added to the sky view and the rest could be spliced in the the existing wires.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:54 PM

Default You get them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotBrent View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w705oiihit...Rev_A.txt?dl=0

I've been editing the template file that Dynon offers on their website using the RV-12 POH with some of my own preferences/changes. Still learning how best to abbreviate checklist items and fine tune the screen layout. This is DRAFT - worth the time to go through it line by line and confirm it makes sense. I loaded an earlier version this morning and made some changes since, but as expected Dynon's design is fairly easy to understand. Really like the flexibility to refine any checklist to what you want. (note: I'm keeping my laminated checklist on hand, especially for emergency items. This screen version might prove more convenient, but time will tell. Haven't flown with the electronic list yet.)

So, this file might save you time in customizing for your own use but please poke me if you find sig. errors.
You get my aformentioned 10 bonus points--Thanks Brent.
RV-12 #332
N73HR Now flying!
Austin, TX
Old 01-18-2016, 08:55 PM

Red face Thanks for saving me all the typing...

yes...thanks Brent this is great
Old 01-21-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_H View Post
You can mount the two side by side under the cowl on that GPS antenna shelf. That shelf used to hold (with the D180 avionics) a side-by-side Garmin 396/496 antenna and an XM puck next to it. The Skyview GPS puck (actually both an antenna and receiver combined) doesn't need to be precisely level; it is not an ADAHRS.
Can someone tell me the advantage of keeping the old GPS-250, when installing the new 2020? Maybe it has something to do with D180 installations, and not us Skyview guys, but I sure would hate to remove the 250, and then wish that I had kept it.

Thanks.....Tom
2013- RV12, Kit #119. N123M First flight Nov21. It's a keeper!
1998- RV-9 tail kit, built and sold
1989- RV-6 tail kit, built and sold
Old 02-11-2016, 01:55 AM

Hello Dynon. Is it still true that the Dynon GPS puck holds all the GPS components and antenna not like the Garmin puck is only a antenna. Does it still hold true that Dynon doesn't recommend a under the cowl location because of the heat of the engine and the hot tempertures of the southern United States that might damage the electronics in the puck.

Ron
RV9A
Old 02-11-2016, 06:57 AM

FYI

On the Dynon Forum quite a few folks have been experiencing some issues with SV. 14.0 . I usually wait till Vans vets a new version and then posts the new version along with appropriate settings files in case there are any issues.

Yesterday Dynon posted:-

"We've actually pulled down 14.0 until we have a version with the fix available. So yes, wait until the updated version is out."

Last edited by Top Cat : 02-11-2016 at 07:01 AM.