Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-01-2017, 02:03 PM

Default Electric flap bearing

Hi Guys,

DWG EF4-4 of the RV4 electric flap instructions shows Bearing F3414M which I imagine would have the 1/4 4130 threaded rod, also shown on that page, screwed into it. Googling "F3414M bearing" show images of this bearing that allows a threaded rod to be screwed into it.

The two bearings I received in the Vans flap kit are bearings which have a threaded bolt integral with the bearing. Rather than using a threaded rod that would go into the bearing, am I required to find a internally threaded tube?

Yup, I contacted Vans with a picture of the two bearings on top of DWG EF4-4 to show the contrast and they just sent me two more of the same bearings with the male threaded bolt.
hope to fly it in summer of 2017
0601054@gmail.com
Old 04-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exercise View Post
Hi Guys,

DWG EF4-4 of the RV4 electric flap instructions shows Bearing F3414M which I imagine would have the 1/4 4130 threaded rod, also shown on that page, screwed into it. Googling "F3414M bearing" show images of this bearing that allows a threaded rod to be screwed into it.

The two bearings I received in the Vans flap kit are bearings which have a threaded bolt integral with the bearing. Rather than using a threaded rod that would go into the bearing, am I required to find a internally threaded tube?

Yup, I contacted Vans with a picture of the two bearings on top of DWG EF4-4 to show the contrast and they just sent me two more of the same bearings with the male threaded bolt.
You fabricate an aluminum tube with internal threads. It sould be shown on your prints. I think someone sells some kind of hex tube but im not sure.

Cm
Rocky Mountain Renegades
the mission... have fun.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 AM

That would be one way to do it but the Vans drawings that came with my electric flap kit and the parts list indicate female bearings. Maybe Vans had their bearings inventoried incorrectly but they finally just sent me the correct ones.
hope to fly it in summer of 2017
0601054@gmail.com