Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2017, 10:06 AM

It's even easier on WingX or one of the other apps with the L charts in it. Just put the little airplane on the airway keep it there. Same thing for approaches with geo-synched charts. The only thing you don't get from the app is vertical guidance.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_T View Post
After selecting any navigable point using a variety of methods, nearest, flightplan, info, it will go into OBS mode if you press and hold direct-to for 2 seconds.
And to remove the OBS mode . . . just select the "direct to" command momentarily, without the 2 second press. That removes OBS mode and flies you direct to the fix again.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSchaller View Post
It's even easier on WingX or one of the other apps with the L charts in it. Just put the little airplane on the airway keep it there. Same thing for approaches with geo-synched charts. The only thing you don't get from the app is vertical guidance.
Roger that! Foreflight and the other apps are marvelous. I used the iPad apps extensively when I was flying my D-180 panel. Much less so now with the SV, there is almost no need to have the iPad open especially if you have the Sea Avionics chart subscription for SV. I don't as yet so I carry the iPad for reference to the sectionals and plates. An iPad with GPS is also a backup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftdown View Post
And to remove the OBS mode . . . just select the "direct to" command momentarily, without the 2 second press. That removes OBS mode and flies you direct to the fix again.
Good, thank's for adding that.
RV-12 #202 -- Flying
Old 03-27-2017, 10:33 AM

If you plan the flight on ForeFlight and tell it the approach and then export the flightplan into SkyView you will have all the track information you need loaded. Then you let "nav" fly the course and manage altitude yourself. Sort of semi hand flying. You can even use the alt hold to step down the approach by changing the altitude bug and then commanding "down" on the autopilot screen.

VAF Donation Made 7/2017 ------ "It has taken us this long just to get where we are!"