- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM

Default My fix for RV-12 intercom problem

For the past two months I have fought audio/intercomm problem on copilots side. By chance I grounded the headset speaker jacks to the airframe contrary to 31B-17 steps 3 & 5. My radio and intercom now work. To test this theory place an alligator clip with a wire to ground and clip it to the Headset speaker jack (largest diameter pin hole) on the seat floor. I hope this helps. Gus at Vans tech support said it should not help, but it did for me. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM

This indicates that the wire which should be attached to that jack terminal and running back to the audio ground is not hooked up, or broken.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerofsorts View Post
The stall warning appears to be independent of the Skyview audio, and has plenty of volume. I believe the beep is generated by the magical mystery 50000 box.

My wife reported that, when flying today, with the autopilot engaged, the a Skyview-generated "CAUTION" was being generated on a regular basis, without much indication on the screen of what to be cautious about. The "CAUTION" was loud enough to hear, much louder that when the Skyview audio output test was being run.

I'll run a few more experiments next trip to the hangar.
Hi Rob,

Were you able to sort this problem out? When we engage the autopilot it works well as an autopilot however the lady keeps saying caution non stop.
There is no message on the screen to indicate what the problem is.

Cheers

Julian 120316
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM

Default Not sure what we ended up doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Coles View Post
Hi Rob,

Were you able to sort this problem out? When we engage the autopilot it works well as an autopilot however the lady keeps saying caution non stop.
There is no message on the screen to indicate what the problem is.

Cheers

Julian 120316
My wife and Jetguy (John Albury) messed with multiple settings, for which I'm not quite sure what did the trick. She can't recall all the tricks, but included futzing with the volume control on our headsets while adjusting output volume and squelch on the comm radio--my guess is that since we couldn't seem to get much volume out of the the skyview, by reducing the Comm volume and increasing the intercom and headset volume, things got generally balanced. If Jetguy can recall the details of the magic, I'm sure he'll respond.
RV-12 #332
N73HR Now flying!
Austin, TX
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM

I met Jetguy while he was giving transition training to my RV-12 buddies at KGKY. He is the pro on all things Dynon. He was hearing precautionary warnings in his plane (IIRC), that many folks had yet to hear- based on settings, etc. Based upon my conversation with him, if he can't figure it out, it probably doesn't exist! He's the wealth of local knowledge on these settings. Highly recommended for his RV-12 specific Dynon expertise!

RV-12 Built / Sold / Flying
Currently Flying: Cessna Skyhawk 172
Rebuilding a true barn find J-3 Cub
Old 03-25-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
Actually it doesn't...
If the fiberglass on the sides, has been trimmed per the plans, all screws can be removed from the fwd top skin without removing the canopy (I have done it many times).
Can it be trimmed years later? How so?