What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seeking Drawings for CN-2-II, RV-3A, Type-II Wing

JG PDT

I'm New Here
Hey y'all, I've finally been making a little progress on this RV-3 project. I've never done the chat-room thing before, but I figured it's time to get a little community now that I'm spending time on the ?ol -3. I'm currently looking for some info on Type-II wings.

I have almost all of the information for the change notices, but I'm lacking the drawings listed in Change Notice 2 for the Type-II wings. The drawing numbers listed in the instructions that I'm looking for are CN-2-1, CN-2-3, CN-2-4, CN-2-5, CN-2-6, and CN-2-7.

I have been able to get from Vans all the info for CN-1 and CN-2, including the instructions, photos, CN-1 and CN-2-I drawings, and except the drawings for CN-2-II. Since they are unable to find copies of these drawings I thought I'd try the VAF community. This project is pretty much stuck until I have copies of these, so please let me know if you have any you're willing to share.

Thanks much,

Jeff PDT

Jeff, I have a copy of Change Notice #2 Type 1 (CN-2-I) as a pdf. It's 10 pages long and is from 2/25/97, if that'll help. It was from Van's site downloaded in March, 2011. It's title is "Mandatory Wing Spar Modification for Aerobatic Flight."

I believe the Type II spar referenced in the document is what we now call the -3B spar, but I'm not sure. The -3B spar has machined spar caps pre-assembled to the webs; the spars are complete except for a few rivets at the inboard end.

If you'd like a copy, it might be here, at the bottom of the list of Service Bulletins, or PM me or email me with your email address (click on my user name) and I'll email it to you.

Here's my build blog for my RV-3B project.

Dave

Hello again everyone,

I have acquired copies of the drawings I needed for the Type-II wing modification. Thanks to everyone who heard my cries for help, especially anyone who might have done some scrounging around for them.

I think I have just about every piece of info about all the -3 wing changes that Vans has ever published. I'll keep copies of all this and scan it too so that it'll be available for anyone in the future looking for info on the wing modifications. I'm happy to share it. I think it's important info to have for people performing a condition or pre-buy inspection on an aircraft with a Type-I or Type-II wing.

Thanks again,

Jeff - PDT

Back