What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recent FBO Pirep? TIX or COI

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Hey Space Coast RV'ers,

I have to run down to KSC for a meeting next week, and was looking for the current opinion on FBO's at either Titusville or Merritt Island (Dunn is too far out of the way). I have used both in the past, and had good experiences. Merritt island is closer to the hotel we use, but I went to AirNav today and read some not-so-flattering reviews from late last years. All I need is tie down, fuel and rental car - anyone care to comment with recent experiences? I like to give my business to friendly folk - not so interested in the people that want to only serve the jet set.....

Paul

Last edited:
FBO Pirep

Back when it was Merritt Island Air Service and Irv Bubeck was the proprietor, it was a great and friendly place. It's a shame the new folks aren't as good. I'm up at Arthur Dunn and looking into starting an RV-7 project soon. The EAA chapter here has a first Saturday breakfast every month. If you haven't been to one of these they are pretty darn good. Let me know when you're coming down this way again. I'd love to see your plane. Also I worked out at the Space Center for 25 years. I was in communications on the "Cape" side. Any local info I can help you with in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

Mitch

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.x21airhoggs.ning.com
RV-7/7A soon......

Back