What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Options

LAMPSguy

Well Known Member
The plans mention 3 options: Aileron trim, Landing lights, tip lights.

1) Are any of these available yet

and

2) Do you need to buy/build them concurrently with the wings? Specifically, I know I will want autopilot and electric trim...do I need to choose a brand now and instal that in the wing NOW, or are there access plates and I can do this all of this later?

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they can all be installed later. The landing light can be installed later for sure. The wing kit includes all the wiring for the landing light and auto pilot. I'm not sure about the trim but I would guess it's there.
The Dynon and Trutrack auto pilot install kits for the RV-10 should fit the 14 , I haven't looked into that yet.
I plan on installing those options before closing up the wings.

I do not know for a fact, but if the 14 wing is really like the 10 wing:
On the -10, you can do these things after the wing is built. Although it may be a little easier to do it before the bottom skin is on.

It is not necessary to install the AP servos while building the wings. They can be installed at any time later. This will give the builder ample time to decide which one they would prefer.

Back