What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron brackets

Ron B.

Well Known Member
What am I missing? The manual has you put two inboard aileron brackets together ( one for each wing) . In my view I will need one W-1013C-L for the left inboard wing and one W-1013C-R for the right inboard wing. Page 13-02.
The outboard aileron brackets should require one of each of the above parts as well, but the packing list only list one of each part numbers as being shipped and that is all I received. I see no back ordered parts mentioned.
Again what am I missing or did Van's miss something?
Ron

Hey Ron, I just came to the same conclusion this evening before seeing your post. It appears that the material list is in error and that Van's has a couple parts to send all the current builders. I had already sent an email to Van's earlier requesting a couple more parts.

With a brand new kit like this it's bound to happen. Especially when using the same parts in both wings and each wing requiring both L & R parts. It confused me as well.

Hi guys, the aileron brackets that should be included in the kit are as follows:

W-1013B-L (1)
W-1013B-R (1)
W-1013C-L (2)
W-1013C-R (2)
W-1013C-LX (1)
W-1013C-RX (1)
W-1013A (4)

If you're missing any of these, the parts should already be on their way to you within a couple of days.

Hi guys, the aileron brackets that should be included in the kit are as follows:

W-1013B-L (1)
W-1013B-R (1)
W-1013C-L (2)
W-1013C-R (2)
W-1013C-LX (1)
W-1013C-RX (1)
W-1013A (4)

If you're missing any of these, the parts should already be on their way to you within a couple of days.

And you'll probably all also be missing the AN426AD4-7 flush rivets to rivet those together. It requires six per aileron bracket which I couldn't find on the material list. Fortunately I had that size in my stock.

K.C. , did you check bag 1155 and 1156 to see if the rivets were the same length in each bag? They were marked as different lengths, but when measuring them they were identical lengths in mine. If you have to order rivets might as well make sure you don't need these.

K.C. , did you check bag 1155 and 1156 to see if the rivets were the same length in each bag? They were marked as different lengths, but when measuring them they were identical lengths in mine. If you have to order rivets might as well make sure you don't need these.

You're right Ron. I'll order those too

Shorted parts

I got the shorted aileron brackets and the correct rivets in the mail from Vans today. Nice timing :)

I started the nose ribs today waiting on the aileron brackets. I hopefully should be getting mine late next week (cross border).

Back