What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SAIB HQ-14-16

cdeerinck

Well Known Member
In reviewing the Vans Letters and Notices, I came across the letter dated 7/3/2014 about SAIB HQ-14-16 (all-metal lock nuts).

I noticed a post here for an RV-12, where somebody located all of these in the various sub-kits. Has anyone done the same for an RV-8?

I have a set of the plans in searchable form, but when I look for "21042" I get absolutely zero hits. Can anyone help me confirm that none of them exist in an RV-8, or point out one, so I can find out why my search is failing?

I do not have a searchable set of drawings. However, I have not come across any MS21042 nuts in the construction of my RV-8 airframe....but they are called out on drawing OP-26 "Control Cables".

In reviewing the Vans Letters and Notices, I came across the letter dated 7/3/2014 about SAIB HQ-14-16 (all-metal lock nuts).

I noticed a post here for an RV-12, where somebody located all of these in the various sub-kits. Has anyone done the same for an RV-8?

I have a set of the plans in searchable form, but when I look for "21042" I get absolutely zero hits. Can anyone help me confirm that none of them exist in an RV-8, or point out one, so I can find out why my search is failing?

I think the 21042 lock nuts began to be specified and supplied as standard parts starting with the RV-12 kit.

All kits were included in the issuance of the SB because there was no way to know if someone might have purchased and substituted them for other styles of self locking nuts.

Back