What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Showplanes Cowl Questions

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I liked the Showplanes cowl and fastback mod so I got them. I don't have the finishing kit or firewall forward kit, nor engine or anything else.

For engine I'd like the 200HP IO360 and a C/S prop. Not sure which of these I would get but likely the Van's combo deal with a 2" extension.

Where are the 15" spinners?

Where do I get the snorkel for the engine? So I just tell Van's what engine i'm putting in when the firewall forward kit is ordered and ???

I opted for the Showplanes options as well (very happy with all their products and the outstanding support!). I'm currently running a Barrett IO 360 and a WW 74 HRT CS prop. The WW 15 inch spinner fits the cowl perfectly.

same setup + System 32 EFII

I opted for the Showplanes options as well (very happy with all their products and the outstanding support!). I'm currently running a Barrett IO 360 and a WW 74 HRT CS prop. The WW 15 inch spinner fits the cowl perfectly.

I've got almost the same setup in my RV8. I didn't put in a snorkel.

You can get the extension from Saber

i-K4Xxvsh-M.jpg

I'm trying to see how ya'll got the air to the engine intake in that setup?

I used the standard Vans snorkel on an IO-360 and a Silver Hawk fuel servo. No modifications were made to the snorkel but my baffle ramp for the air filter/intake was not stock as I was originally running a Superior IO-400 and needed some extra width. When the 400 was recalled by Superior, I installed the Barrett IO-360 and it dropped right in so used the same baffle/filter ramp.

I have a Showplanes cowl that I have not started building yet. When I measure my cowl spinner ring is 14.5 inches In diameter. How are you guys running a whirlwind 15 inch spinner without any overlap?

Rod

I have a Showplanes cowl that I have not started building yet. When I measure my cowl spinner ring is 14.5 inches In diameter. How are you guys running a whirlwind 15 inch spinner without any overlap?

Rod

What are you referring to as the cowl spinner?

All the parts for my spinner came from Whirlwind, bolted right on without issue and have a nice clean fit.

Back