What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

K1000-6 nutplate on elevator or K1000-5?

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
Ok guys, I'm riveting the elevator together and I grabbed the k1000-6 nut plates called for on page 09-16 of the rv-14. I then verified the parts on page 05-30 (hardware reference). The problem is the parts I think are k1000-6's look more like the k1000-5 which is shown above it. The difference is the tabs with the rivet holes are straight on the manual but mine are tapered? I checked my shipping inventory and no k1000-5's were supposed to be included. I also verified that the m3614m rod end bearing fit. Small difference but hey, better safe than sorry. My guess is that either the manual needs an update (new supplier?) or I'm totally wrong.

24gu4j4.jpg

The number after the dash is the size (5/16" vs 6/16"); don't worry about the shape of the ears.

This. Don't get hung up on the shape of the ears. As long as the size of the nut is correct.

If you are still concerned, a quick e-mail to VANS can verify for you.

The surest way to confirm nutplate size is by checking it with a screw or bolt of a know size.

Even though the -5 size is depicted in the chart, none of the RV kits use a -5 nutplate.

Back