What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Photo Shoot Pics

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Here are some shots from our photo shoot yesterday. We had a 4-ship yesterday led by Jon Abarr in his gorgeous RV-7. Unfortunately I don?t have a picture of it. The purpose of the photo shoot was to get a shot of the father/son team. I hope they post their pics soon! Photos were taken by Cayla, an 18 year-old soon to be private pilot flying with Jon. Her check ride will be this week sometime. Good luck Cayla! Enjoy.

#1 Jon Abarr RV-7
#2 Max Maiden RV-8 son
#3 Robin Maiden RV-8 father
#4 Jerry Esquenazi RV-8

f3b8rk.jpg

I can?t seem to stay upright very long.
1079nxs.jpg

A Top Gun shot.
16lmrn6.jpg

Here are some pics of the father/son duo Robin and Max Maiden. The interesting thing about son Max (Robin's son) is that he is the proverbial airport kid. For as long as I have known them, Max hung around the airport as much as he could. Nearly every day, he would show up to help clean, polish, and turn a wrench hoping to score a ride in an airplane. Now 21 years old has flown more than 50 aircraft types, has a couple of thousand hours, and earns a living doing any odd and unique flying job from banner towing, giving Waco rides, ferrying airplanes across the country, crewing on a DC-3, etc. He hopes to land a fire bomber job out west soon.

ddjl6r.jpg

21a04dh.jpg

281gdih.jpg

1rdjma.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is thinking how every formation flight is a "Maiden Flight" for them. Great story!

That was my inspiration. I changed it up a bit with different wing treatment and subdued checkerboards.

Absolutely excellent photos.

Thank you Martin! Cayla was using Robin's fancy camera, so they're responsible for the photos. Also, Robin has a good eye for this stuff and between him and Cayla, they were able to manage the positions just right... "move up 6 inches," etc.

Back