What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell Governor S-1-10 Installation

CJ in EP

I'm hoping for a little help... I have a factory fresh Lycoming YIO-320-D1A and I purchased the FWF kit from Van's. The kit came with a Hartzell S-1-10 propeller governor.

Aside from the Hartzell Service Letter "HC-SL-61-277 Governor - Installation of Hartzell Propeller Inc. Governors", there was no additional information (Van's drawings) which covers the governor installation, or control cable bracket mounting (VA-153).

Any suggestions from the group?

Thanks!

Chris Hrabe
RV-9A

I'm hoping for a little help... I have a factory fresh Lycoming YIO-320-D1A and I purchased the FWF kit from Van's. The kit came with a Hartzell S-1-10 propeller governor.

Aside from the Hartzell Service Letter "HC-SL-61-277 Governor - Installation of Hartzell Propeller Inc. Governors", there was no additional information (Van's drawings) which covers the governor installation, or control cable bracket mounting (VA-153).

Any suggestions from the group?

Thanks!

Chris Hrabe
RV-9A

Don't know if this will help, but check this thread out...

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=56174

I had issues trying to figure out how to mount the bracket and cable.... This was a different engine... so I don't know if you have the same issues to overcome.

This is all I've been able to find.

Thank you, Chris. I found this thread last night, and so far this is the best information that I've come across. There were no instructions or drawings (aside from Hartzell's) included with the FWF kit from Van's.

I've seen photo's in other peoples posts showing a Van's drawing covering the governor / control cable bracket assembly, and instructions sheets, which makes me believe that there's more information out there...

I'll be making a call to Aurora on Monday unless anyone else has some wisdom to share.

Thanks, and best regards,

Chris Hrabe
RV-9A

With my governor from Vans I received a one page (double sided) Van's document (VA-153 12-01) titled "Installing the VA-153 Governor Bracket".

If you can't find it in your documentation or on-line, I can take a picture of mine and send it to you, but as it's so old, not sure it would be of value to you.

Back