What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Ser# for second screen

Ex Bonanza Bucko

Well Known Member
The Van's sales web site says that installation of a second Skyview system in an RV12 requires that the first be serial number 6000 or higher because the newer ones require fewer VA than the earlier ones and the voltage regulator on the Rotax 912 ULS is kinda wimpy.

My S-LSA delivered from Van's in June has a serial number that looks like this: "021XXX" so it would seem that my bird won't qualify. The Skyview was shipped by Dynon to Van's in April.

I called Dynon and they are oblivious.....never heard of that. I called Van's tech support last week and got ditto.

I assume there is an error, typo or screw up in this someplace.

What is your experience? I have resisted posting this here because I wanted everybody to have time to get their act together but that hasn't happened. It appears that somewhere, somebody has forgotten that there are pilots out here who want to buy stuff from them.

(BTW: What is the G2 about finding a better, and legal in an S-LSA, voltage regulator?)

EBB:) :-(

I seem to be missing something here------------- , 021xxx (twenty one thousand and something????) appears to be a lot higher than 6000.

Are you sure that you are looking at the correct serial number.
It's not the serial number of the plane.
There is a number on the SV on the back and on the paperwork.

Terry

Yep. Ser# is Skyview ser # from their set up pages.

Dynon Tech support verified that my ser# is the correct one....told me when the unit was shipped.

Maybe 021XXX is higher than 6000 but, if that is the case, both Van's tech support and Dynon's didn't know about it. I assume that 6000 would have been stated as 06000 in that case.

Maybe they haven't had time to look into it or fix it....should have. I assume there are a lot more people than just me thinking about spending about $5K for a new toy.

I assume this is just a screw up in communications and that it will get straightened out.

EBB:)

The Dynon forum is monitored by dynon tech support and is the best place for some Dynon issues. We are also fortunate that Dynon monitors this VAF forum and responds to questions generally fairly soon (a day or two) after posting.

Symantecs maybe?

A tech. person from Dynon them self referred to serial numbers by ignoring the zero digits at higher place values in THIS other thread discussing dual screens.

To me, that makes it pretty clear that if your serial number is above 6000, then you are fine.

Back