What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax 912 s/uls v "Other" in EMS (Skyview) Settings?

cactusman

Well Known Member
Rotax 912 s/uls v "Other" in EMS (Skyview) Settings?

I downloaded Van's 11.1 last week and it loaded fine and today I was downloading some data and tweaking some settings when I noticed my engine type was set to "other" and not the Rotax 912 S/ULS setting?

Hmmm - I remember setting this before to "rotax" and the so-called "other" settings seemed Rotax-like on the first two flights....so I am trying to figure out what happened? Did I mess something up?

Did Van's and/or Dynon put something in 11.1 or the other settings? It would be good to know what the difference is between Van's 11.1 and other files and Dynon's 11.1.

These are of course high-level problems to have, but thought I would bring it up to see if anyone else noticed the EMS settings.

Also, I am getting the ACTV ADHRS VIBRATION warning message although I checked my prop - both blades are exactly the same degrees to two decimal places using the HF digital level.....I don't seem to notice any kind of vibration and the message does go away and come back....the carbs were balanced and I plan to balance them again to finish off the test flights.

Not too interested in crawling in the tail cone and installing that extra brace kit Van's sells if I can avoid doing it.

Thanks for any help.

Don't feel bad, John. The landing gear mod came out about 6 months after mine was licensed --- and right after I spent 10 grand on a custom paint job!

Rich

I adjusted my prop a little bit, needs more, but that seemed to help a bit. I also turned that **** "gees" sound off by widening the range of the g meter in the settings.

Back