What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADAHRS Vibration and ADAHRS Mounting Brackets

Prototype testing?

I heard last week that there IS a fix in the works at Van?s and that a Van?s factory fix for the ADAHARS vibration issue is apparently now installed in a RV-12 and the prototype is currently going through evaluations. Apparently, the RV-12 fuel tank SB and the vertical stabilizer stress crack issues for the other models had placed the ADAHARS vibration fix deep on the back burner ? and rightly so.

Granted it is frustrating not having any official conformation though. It would be nice if their site had a location that showed builders of various models a status of modifications/fixes that are officially in the works. At the very least, just a ? ?Yep, we know about it and are developing a fix? would be comforting.
Also, I would love to see a complete listing of the latest rev level for every drawing page in the assembly manual.

I am right that point to install the stifner in the tail cone. I will wait until the fix gets published.

Peter

I seem to be missing this in my search - but was there ever a part number for the stiffening kit released?

Thanks,

Bob

I seem to be missing this in my search - but was there ever a part number for the stiffening kit released?

Thanks,

Bob

Yes - I got some in my final package from Van's entitled BUILDER NOTIFICATION....a 2 page letter and it contained several recent items (canopy switch, etc) and one of them was the F-00062 retrofit kit....

I could not find that rib no on the website, but found the following on the list:

12 SV AHRS RIB KIT ADAHRS STIFFENER RIB $6.50

I am trying to avoid this....I plan to rebalance the carbs and do some other things first, but it is sounding like I have the same problem.

I don't see this letter online - it only arrived in the docs package with all the other final docs.

The letter does mention that the rib kit seems to increase autopilot performance.

Last edited:
I don't know if they did a kit but the part number and installation instructions for the stiffener are covered in in section 42C, page 9. You can find this on Van's web site in the revisions section for the RV12.

Back