What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tank Vent Kit help?

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Anyone have the dimensions to locate the brack that holds the fuel vent line to thew back of the baggage bulkhead? My instructions have none and since it looks like the line makes a dogleg inboard it's probably not directly under the hole in the bulkhead.

Distance from either the outer skin or the rear tank attach bracket?

Also, the bracket in my kit is a mirror image of what's shown in the instructions. If the arm is offset inboard then the flat part has to be updise down from the drawing.

THANKS

Wayne 120241

2.5 days to do the tank SB, looks like another 1-1.5 to do the vent.

Wayne, just finished this today. If I recall, you drill out a couple rivets from the baggage bulkhead stiffener rib near the top and place it there. Ours also appeared upside down from the plans. The vent tube does bend inboard and line up with the clamp.

THANKS!

Completed the vent kit today. I know I'm losing brain cells as I get older but the drawing for the tube behind the bulkhead was the worst thing I ever saw. Finally took some wire and figured out which way(s) the thing had to bend to hook up.

Wayne

No problem! Need to get all the Ohio based -12's together sometime soon. I think there are around 8-10 flying and a couple more coming on line soon.

Back