What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear mounting an Odyssey?

gpiney

Well Known Member
I plan on mounting my battery in the back, However, I plan on using an Odyssey PC680. The parts supplied with the -1 fuselage kit are for the Concord battery. Are there other parts available for mounting a PC680 or do you have to mod the existing parts? If modded, Anyone got Pictures?

Thanks,

Greg,

There is a few pictures on my kitlog web page. Click on all on the right and scroll down pictures. Had to modify tray that came with kit used angle at bottom cut top u channell to give clearance to cables at top. I ended up changing the upper hold down ordered one on the internet from a battery supplier in ca.

Mod the existing tray

I set the 680 in place, & traced around it with a Sharpie, then did some basic measuring to be sure I had it marked square and straight. Fabricated three pieces of angle with rivet holes, then clamped and match drilled them to the existing bracket. On to the next thing!

dsc0003ah.jpg

Found the picture.

Last edited:
I just did this

I just switched from a Concorde to the Oddessy. I set it in place, using the normal hold-down, and measured for a spacer block in front. I cut a piece of wood to that dimension, and retained it with one screw in from the front channel on the tray so it doesn't walk out. Took 10 minutes, and I have a tray that will work with either battery now.

ok...am I the ONLY guy who laughed my *** off when I read the topic title??

Been a looong day.

Back