VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Great stuff. Sorry to hear about the poor reception at The Dalles. I haven't been there in a long time but that is disheartening.
Private pilot, ASEL!
EAA 105 Chapter 7S3
Bi-annual financial contributor

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." Teddy Roosevelt
Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Default Faith, relationships, freedom, America - consider, FLYTODAY

Scott -

Thank you for your efforts to capture your travels in photography and words. A reminder to consider our personal faith, our relationships with people, interactions with instant new acquaintances, generosity - giving and receiving, common life circumstances in small town America, and both the vitality and fragility of US General Aviation.

Fellow readers - consider these reports of small airports. I’ve visited some of the same airports, and find Scott’s stories 100% believable. IMHO he’s not cherry-picking, or embellishing details of certain locations to prove a point. I’ve had similar experiences with complete strangers sharing hangers, vehicles, Winnebagos, etc. with their only knowledge is that I just landed that RV. I’ve slept in many FBOs/terminals/shacks.

So many airports are vacant in the daytime. At those locations I wonder how long that runway will stay open? Consider using these smaller fields. IMHO less likely to charge fees, and hard lock the doors - sometimes even securing the restrooms, at closing time. If possible encourage and applaud every GA location keeping at least a 24 hr restroom, WiFi, a 110VAC outlet, and 100 sq ft of shelter with a recliner chair. The key on the hook to the car outside is FANTASTIC!

I couldn’t wander like Scott until retiring a few years ago. Now visiting, wandering across America, by runways and courtesy cars is a great adventure. Many new relationship pleasures in sincere handshakes and hugs. I’ve been expanded by the wonderful machine designed by Richard VanGrunsven, and as I’ve crossed his path at Osh’s I’ve shared a smile, handshake and a grateful, “You’ve changed my life”.

FLYTODAY !!!

Carl

Last edited by flytoday : 10-04-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Default +1

+ 1 Carl Yes, Fly Today!