What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HF Numbered Drill bits sale...

RE: HF numbered Drill bits.......

I built a BD-5 and a RV-9A using HF's 115 titanium bit set. They worked just fine in aluminum and ok in steel. Dan

Very timely Dan

Thanks for the heads up Dan. Just happened to be going through my sorry set of numbered drills tonight and thought I should probably pick up a new set. I'm lucky to have a Harbor Freight Aviation supply house close by.:rolleyes:

A few years ago I got a "deal" on a BIG set of HF drills. Came in a real nice sheet metal box: Fractionals, Numbers *and* Letters.

I wound up throwing all the drills away and just used the box. Total junk.

Hopefully the quality got a bit better since then... good luck.

Usefulness of HF drill set

A few years ago I got a "deal" on a BIG set of HF drills. Came in a real nice sheet metal box: Fractionals, Numbers *and* Letters.

I bought the big black-box of HF drills and have found them to be incredibly useful over the years. They constitute the only set of letter drills I have, and most of the smallest number-drills have been broken or long since gotten lost. A GlassAir builder just borrowed the #60 bit from me this week. He could not find one anywhere else.

But they were fun to watch "unwind" when they would bind-up in whatever you were drilling!

I bought this set and it is awesome. The bits have worked very well in all metals.

01611.gif

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa...do?itemid=1611&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

Well worth the money.

-Jeff

Back