What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How many are planning to upgrade to the new fork?

Are you planning on installing the new nose wheel fork?

• Yes

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • The little wheel belongs in the rear!

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • I like cheese.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Already changed to the new designed front fork

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters

zilik

VAF Moderator
How many of you "A" model drivers are planning on complying with the new nose wheel fork SB?

Last edited:
How many of you "A" model drivers are planning on complying with the new nose wheel fork SB?

I'm very interested to see how many with the shorter 6A gear....... do make the change.

I know that I prefer my "older" type of wheel bearing setup. My nose leg is the "fatter" improved version from 1998. The 6A owner in the hangar next door has 1200+ trouble free hours with his.

The more I think about it, the less I want to.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

I'm very interested to see how many with the shorter 6A gear....... do make the change.

I know that I prefer my "older" type of wheel bearing setup. My nose leg is the "fatter" improved version from 1998. The 6A owner in the hangar next door has 1200+ trouble free hours with his.

The more I think about it, the less I want to.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

I believe the older bearing setup will also work with the new fork. I'll know in a short time as my buddy with the old style bearing setup is doing the fork swap.

RV-10 nose wheel

I still like the idea of a RV-10 nose fork installed on a standard RV7A nose leg. A custom bushing was required to make the difference in diameter work. I'm not sure though if this will work with the shortened gear leg or the original. Anyone know the dimentions of the RV10 fork or have pictures?

Bevan
RV7A

I swapped all 3 a while back....

rv-7a_52_web.jpg

Back