What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping RV-7A on gear by Tony Partain

RV_7A

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone else has used him for delivery of an RV-7A with engine mounted and on its gear? If so could you please tell me how the aircraft was loaded? Was it done by you or them and was it loaded tail first or nose first? How were the wings, ailerons, flaps, tips, vertical stabilizer, rudder, horizontal stabilizer, elevators etc. all loaded and packed? AND if you did have one shipped did it make it without damage?

Feel free to email me directly with your experience if it was similar to what I have described above.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Jeff

Shipping 7A on its gear...

I do not know his trailer size, but unless it is wider than standard, I seriously doubt it will go into a trailer on the gear. It might be easer to pull the gear legs off and put it on a dolly of some size. I've moved a few planes and that's how I would move a 7A.

Well it does go in a 42' trailer. I used the same exact trailer to move it to my hangar but I'm asking only if anyone else has had him move one and how the move was handled and what the outcome was. It may be possible I am the only one who has had him move one at this stage.

-Jeff

Last edited:
Yes we have shipped 7A's on gear before. And yes it will fit in the trailer, it's tight but it will fit. The previous planes were shipped damage free.

You will help load the plane. We will tie it down. If you have any other questions call me at the office Monday morning.

Back