What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

J S Vroom

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
RV owners, and flyers.
Attention!

A Great one has left us.

Jim Vroom passed this morning. He was 69 ish,,...
Jim came around visiting my first RV Build in Sepemtber 1996. He insisted on "doing or helping on something" ... most visitors to projects, want to tell you about their projects. He wanted a to help!!! I HAD TO!! Find him a job. He would not be denied
After my RV 6 flew in October 1996! I found a job finishing a RV4. Jim Vroom and I teamed up and finished it up.
We have been a team since then. We have made 46 or more RVs fly. he was the genius, making the elections flow.
I am in shock. ,! My RV business is in shock! Jim has been my go to guy for 20 years.
Jim Vroom,,, I hope you have a number in heavin ,,, I need you

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss Jay.

I saw this on FB also, I didn't know him but he sounds like a cool guy and this was a surprise. Very sorry for your loss!

Russ

Jay, Sorry for your loss.
I didn't know Jim, but if he teamed up with you, he must have been a good guy.
RIP

Jim Vroom

I met Jim V. at Jay's hangar while building my -7. What a great guy! I barely knew him at the time, So when I needed to use a Tig Welder, Jim invited me to come over and use his. He wouldn't take payment or anything. Sad to hear of his passing.

Jay,
Sorry to here this.
Condolences to Jims family.

WHAT A GREAT GUY.

Always had some good stuff to talk about.

He will be missed.

Probably looking for some wire cutters now.

Man Jay that was not expexted.

Jim was a great guy and someone I also called friend. I met Jim through Jay when I started building RV #1. Jim came over to the house to help me with a wiring task and took a good look at my progress. He could have told me it's not great but he took the opportunity to teach me what I needed to know and allowed me to go back and correct my work. I have used what I learned from Jim ever since.

Jim Vroom was a good man and always helped me and others anytime he was available.

He will be missed, one of the good guys.

Back