What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

May I sit in your RV-6? Chandler, AZ KCHD

Brdog42

Well Known Member
I?m looking for someone willing to let me sit in their RV-6 6A to see if it fits and willing to show me their -6. I?m not asking for a free flight...

I?ve been flying a 1973 Cessna A150L. But my girls apparently have only a slight interest flying. Aerobatics, eh... ok but done it a lot and I?m not looking for a Pitts. Just a local cruiser for giving friends rides and a craft which has some XC legs. While I love the Aerobat, 85kts and 87 HP at the propeller aren?t cutting it anymore. I?ve flown in the back of a friends RV-4. While I fit fine... a little more baggage space would be nice. Some of my friends won?t fit well back there. My significant other doesn?t want to stare at my head. Although that -4 does fly well.

I may have the opportunity to buy a -6. How do they compare to the 150 in space? I?m 152lbs in flying condition and 5?9?. Biggest in my family. Some of my friends are around 185 and 6?3?. I just would like to sit in one and get a feel for the ergonomics before I commit to changing aircraft. If someone local can help out, thanks. I promise to not make any airplane noises. But may ask some stupid questions.

Thanks,

Tim

I?m looking for someone willing to let me sit in their RV-6 6A to see if it fits and willing to show me their -6. I?m not asking for a free flight...

I?ve been flying a 1973 Cessna A150L. But my girls apparently have only a slight interest flying. Aerobatics, eh... ok but done it a lot and I?m not looking for a Pitts. Just a local cruiser for giving friends rides and a craft which has some XC legs. While I love the Aerobat, 85kts and 87 HP at the propeller aren?t cutting it anymore. I?ve flown in the back of a friends RV-4. While I fit fine... a little more baggage space would be nice. Some of my friends won?t fit well back there. My significant other doesn?t want to stare at my head. Although that -4 does fly well.

I may have the opportunity to buy a -6. How do they compare to the 150 in space? I?m 152lbs in flying condition and 5?9?. Biggest in my family. Some of my friends are around 185 and 6?3?. I just would like to sit in one and get a feel for the ergonomics before I commit to changing aircraft. If someone local can help out, thanks. I promise to not make any airplane noises. But may ask some stupid questions.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,
I know 2 builders that have -6A's. One on Glendale and the other in Goodyear. They both are close to the 6'3 185 # you mention. Email me your contact info at [email protected] and I'll forward it to them.

Back