What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is there someone here to build a fuel tank for us?

atomic18

I'm New Here
Our RV9 Right fuel tank is damaged and we want to build a new one but now in my company don?t have any engineer that can build this. I wondering is there someone can build a fuel tank for us? We are at Best Ocean Airpark ,Thailand

I know that Thailand is a long ways away from the U.S. and shipping might be expensive, but here?s a link to someone that might be able to help you out. Paul is mostly in business to refurbish/re-seal fuel tanks, but he may build you one from scratch, but you?ll have to discuss with him the price. http://www.weepnomorellc.com/

I know that Thailand is a long ways away from the U.S. and shipping might be expensive, but here?s a link to someone that might be able to help you out. Paul is mostly in business to refurbish/re-seal fuel tanks, but he may build you one from scratch, but you?ll have to discuss with him the price. http://www.weepnomorellc.com/
Thank you so much for your information I?ll contact him.

From personal experience, be careful with overseas customer service.
Probably the most known US company assembling RV tanks built mine. Both of them were leaking - not at a single rivet but about a dozen on each side - ruining an expensive paint job.

I contacted the company and got as a reply that I should have done the pressure test and that it was my mistake.

I dumbly assumed they would test them before shipping overseas... I was wrong.

By opening the plates at the tank root to start the repair I noticed the poor quality of the build, no deburring, rivets mostly undersqueezed.

A hangar mate had a similar experience with the same company.

Probably not all of them are like this but be careful...

From personal experience, be careful with overseas customer service.
Probably the most known US company assembling RV tanks built mine. Both of them were leaking - not at a single rivet but about a dozen on each side - ruining an expensive paint job.

I contacted the company and got as a reply that I should have done the pressure test and that it was my mistake.

I dumbly assumed they would test them before shipping overseas... I was wrong.

By opening the plates at the tank root to start the repair I noticed the poor quality of the build, no deburring, rivets mostly undersqueezed.

A hangar mate had a similar experience with the same company.

Probably not all of them are like this but be careful...

WOW...that?s terrible. Who did the work? I know Paul at http://www.weepnomorellc.com/ is a small operation. He does excellent work and has outstanding customer service.

Hey i've done my PPL at Best Ocean recently. Didn't know someone was building an RV there. Is that at Friends Flying Club? Any photos of the current status of the build?

Hey i've done my PPL at Best Ocean recently. Didn't know someone was building an RV there. Is that at Friends Flying Club? Any photos of the current status of the build?

yes i'm from friends flying club. Airplane is already build and finish but we have a problem with a right fuel tank it damaged during some maintenance work so I've to find a new fuel tank.

Back