What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine to mount bolts torque specs

Phantom30

Well Known Member
Have been looking for torque specs for the M10 engine to engine mounting to no avail.. I forgot to check them @ annual inspection last month.

Another waking from dream maintenance section!

I believe I found the info....torque to 28 Nm/335 in.lbs./28 ft.lbs. after applying loctite 221/222.

If anyone finds different, please post.

I believe I found the info....torque to 28 Nm/335 in.lbs./28 ft.lbs. after applying loctite 221/222.

If anyone finds different, please post.

Unless there has been a change in the value that I am not aware of, I believe the correct foot pounds value specified by Rotax is 30 Foot Pounds

Ever since incorrectly specified torque value error was discovered (7 years ago) and the change made to using the correct 30 FP value, I am not aware of any RV-12 having the bolts get loose.

Unless there has been a change in the value that I am not aware of, I believe the correct foot pounds value specified by Rotax is 30 Foot Pounds

Ever since incorrectly specified torque value error was discovered (7 years ago) and the change made to using the correct 30 FP value, I am not aware of any RV-12 having the bolts get loose.

Thanks Scott..will be re-checking mine Monday.

I torqued mine originally to the old spec and got a little turn on them at the first annual. I went to the revised 30 Ft-lbs that annual and they haven't loosened a bit in 5 years.

I torqued mine originally to the old spec and got a little turn on them at the first annual. I went to the revised 30 Ft-lbs that annual and they haven't loosened a bit in 5 years.

Hey Rich,
What air field do you operate out of...I'm getting ready to fly my bird south for the Winter (mid Sept)..am trying to find hangar space.

Ric

Glendale, AZ (GEU). There are plenty of hangars for sale and/or rent on the field. There are two or three RV-12s on the field including mine.

Back