What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin avionics videos - 1st in a new series

Rick_A

Well Known Member
I uploaded a video to Youtube that will be a first in a series that I am making.

I have installed a mount in my RV-7A for a Garmin VIRB that lets me film my panel while I'm flying - just the panel, no outside shots. I hope to able to demo real world flying using the Garmin G3X Touch, a GTN 750 and other related avionics.

The first video is done in the hanger and it gives an overview of the avionics. Only the PFD and the "center stack" will be filmed during the actual flying videos. This intro shows the other stuff that will be out of view of the camera on future videos.

I'm new to the world of video production. I'm working on learning video editing software as I make these videos - so these are not even close to "professional grade". Hopefully, the production quality will improve as I learn how to use the editing software.

I already have additional flying footage that I'm working on editing. I should have my first actual flying video uploaded today or tomorrow, with more to follow next week.

So here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/JTd70ECGVNo

Hi Rick,

Nice job positioning your Virb camera in this video.

We know how difficult it is to securely mount a camera at the proper distance in front of these displays so you can read everything on the displays, and your video looks great!

We look forward to seeing more videos.

Thanks,
Steve

Back