- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > My RV Build Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2018, 10:42 PM

Question RV-8 BUILD UPDATE

Bonjour Martin

I was revisiting your build site and was wondering if you had an update on your project as it has been about 10 months since the last one..??

Hoping you are still working on it...

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca
Old 09-14-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-4 View Post
Bonjour Martin

I was revisiting your build site and was wondering if you had an update on your project as it has been about 10 months since the last one..??

Hoping you are still working on it...

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca
Hello Bruno, and all others following my build thread here on VAF !

No, the project is not dead. It is still very much on-going ! Actually, you'd be surprized to see what was achieved since last posting on VAF in November 2017. Up to recently with a full time office job and part time flight instructing, I had to set my priorities. Sadly, updating the project on VAF has gone down the priority list. Priority goes to building the RV whenever free time is available !

Winter is coming, and so is the perfect building season in Canada. I will resume "full speed building RV" as soon as the weather prohibits regular VFR flight instructing, just like the previous winter when I did not update you all with my progress !

As a scoop, my empennage still await MD-RA inspection, my fuselage primary structure is complete, and also awaits MD-RA inspection, and the wings, yes the wings, are maybe 50% done. I am building both wings at the same time, in a parallel manner to speed things up. Soon starting to apply everyone's favorite stuff, the Proseal hummm

Anyhow, thanks for inquiring about my project. I shall try to upload pictures soon, in between two instructing flights
RV-8 s/n #80414
Kitlog: http://www.mykitlog.com/MartRV80414/
Empennage: 95% (ready for inspection)
Fuselage: 90% (Canoe Final Riveting completed, put aside for now)
Wings: Maybe 50%, working on fuel tanks
Old 10-22-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinACFactory View Post
As a scoop, my empennage still await MD-RA inspection, my fuselage primary structure is complete, and also awaits MD-RA inspection, and the wings, yes the wings, are maybe 50% done. I am building both wings at the same time, in a parallel manner to speed things up. Soon starting to apply everyone's favorite stuff, the Proseal hummm

Anyhow, thanks for inquiring about my project. I shall try to upload pictures soon, in between two instructing flights
I can attest to that! Met Martin outside of RV building context and at one point I mentioned "oh, btw, I used to be building a kit plane".. and when asked the usual "what kind of plane?" question, I replied "oh, a RV-9A, they are super popular but you probably don't know what I'm talking about" and then he said he was building a RV-8!

Visited his shop - the fuselage was mostly complete and he was about to start working on pro-seal! So I gave him a box a cleco and ran away as quickly as possible to avoid getting pro-sealed

@Martin - let me know when you start pro-sealing - I'll give you a hand!
Construction Web Cam