What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GoPro camera mount

9Abuilder

I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 8 Black camera to mount inside my 9A. Mostly interested in filming what is out past the aircraft nose and seeing the aircraft occupants enjoying the flight. Hoping others with a similar camera and/or aircraft can provide what they used for a specific camera mount and where they mounted it. Would like to be able to swivel the camera from side to side and out the front of the airplane. I?m new to this photography stuff, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 8 Black camera to mount inside my 9A. Mostly interested in filming what is out past the aircraft nose and seeing the aircraft occupants enjoying the flight. Hoping others with a similar camera and/or aircraft can provide what they used for a specific camera mount and where they mounted it. Would like to be able to swivel the camera from side to side and out the front of the airplane. I?m new to this photography stuff, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you want to mount it inside, the best ones I hvae found are RAM mount suction cup mounts. They are very adjustable and they stick quite well to windows. You can also get mounts that clamp to tubes, glare shields, etc. The RAM system is very modular so you can make mounts up from various parts.

See also this video from AVWeb:
https://youtu.be/QlCdHcoUkZs

Back