What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 wing inventory list

Taltruda

Well Known Member
Friend
I may have the opportunity to buy a set of wings and wanted to see if anybody has an inventory list of what comes with the kit. Also I want to check that they are -1. It?s my understanding that the -1 wings are 1.25 wide at the spar root? Thanks!

Contact Van?s that can git you the info. That have all the kit parts lists. And there willing to give you a list via e-mail, just aske fore what you need/want.

Email

Contact Van?s that can git you the info. That have all the kit parts lists. And there willing to give you a list via e-mail, just aske fore what you need/want.

I emailed them a few days ago and haven?t heard back from them. I figured they weren?t interested in helping me buy some second hand wings.. but I?ll call again tomorrow.

Here is a thread on identifying the Dash-One wing on the RV-8s:

Here's the salient point:

49497893361_27f4930769_c.jpg

I may have the opportunity to buy a set of wings and wanted to see if anybody has an inventory list of what comes with the kit. Also I want to check that they are -1. It?s my understanding that the -1 wings are 1.25 wide at the spar root? Thanks!

Your understanding is incorrect:

I have a -0 wing and the spar root width is 1.25".

Go to this thread and look where I measure it:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=178339&page=2

post #16 and #18.

The real telltale is the length of the spar, as shown int he drawing above this thread and in my pictures

By the way, everyone should also know that if you have a -0 wing and wish to order parts for a fuel tank the parts are VERY different from a tank made to fit a -1 wing. They have to be specially ordered and in some cases the parts may not be available and may incur a long wait time. The nose ribs for the -0 tank were out of stock and they are hardened by an outside company who doesn't do small orders. So the parts for my new -0 tank were delayed for a few weeks.

So if you are looking at wings to buy from someone, if it was me, I'd hold out for a set of -1 wings.

Back