What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canadian licensed ferry pilot wanted

Whats in need of ferrying?

Why would they need to be Canadian licensed? I feel like I'm about to learn something.

Mike:

When do you need a ferry pilot?

What do you need to ferry?

Does it have to be a Canadian pilot? (Does Canadian registered aircraft need a Canadian pilot to clear US Customs?)

I am a high time RV Pilot (>2,800 hours in RVs), U.S. Commercial Pilot with 2nd class medical, FAA Licensed A&P, EAA Tech Counselor, Pittsburgh EAA Chapter 45 member, Retired DAR, and located 14 NN away from KFWQ based at KVVS.

IF you are buying a Canadian built RV, look into what will be necessary to get an airworthiness certificate before buying it. Sometimes there can be issues getting a US airworthiness certificate in the amateur built experimental category.

Mike:

When do you need a ferry pilot?

What do you need to ferry?

Does it have to be a Canadian pilot? (Does Canadian registered aircraft need a Canadian pilot to clear US Customs?)

I am a high time RV Pilot (>2,800 hours in RVs), U.S. Commercial Pilot with 2nd class medical, FAA Licensed A&P, EAA Tech Counselor, Pittsburgh EAA Chapter 45 member, Retired DAR, and located 14 NN away from KFWQ based at KVVS.

IF you are buying a Canadian built RV, look into what will be necessary to get an airworthiness certificate before buying it. Sometimes there can be issues getting a US airworthiness certificate in the amateur built experimental category.

It's an RV-7A. Canadian registered. Need to be flown by a Canadian pilot in to the USA. It is a us built plane. Everything lined up but the ferry flight

Montreal based pilot

Hello Mike,

I am a Montreal based pilot living beside Mascouche Airport (CSK3). I am CPL-ME/IFR rated with 600 hours total time, but no experience flying RV yet. I am building my RV-8 right now.

If you do not find anybody for this ferry flight, let me know.

Regards,

Martin
[email protected]

Ferry Pilot

Hi McPilot

When do you need your aircraft to be ferried to the States and where in Pennsylvania..??

I'm an Airline Pilot with all the ratings possible and close to a 1000hrs of RV Time.

Where is the A/C located as I might have seen it?

Let me know and if I can help you out it will be a pleasure.

Bruno
[email protected]

I want to thank everyone who offered to help with this trip. I have someone lined up. I will submit a post and relay my experiences to the group.

I would really like to thank and recommend Tom Berge, who is an RV transition pilot for pre-purchase inspections. He did a very thorough and professional job on this plane and things worked out very well.. What a wealth of knowledge he brings to the game.

I am now the owner of a -7A...

Regards

Mike

Back