What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avidyne twx670 integration with g3x touch

[email protected]

Hi Guys

Does anyone know whether the avidyne twx670 stormscope intergrates with the G3X touch?
I know the wx500 stormscope does intergrate but can't find anything on the avidyne website

Hi Guys

Does anyone know whether the avidyne twx670 stormscope intergrates with the G3X touch?
I know the wx500 stormscope does intergrate but can't find anything on the avidyne website

Hello Henke,

The main TWX670 web page doesn't seem to mention it, but if you read the TWX670 brochure it discusses what they call a "compatibility mode" that reportedly works with G1000 and GNS 430/530.

While there are no guarantees of compatibility since we don't control that side of the interface, it is our understanding that this "compatibility mode" works just like the WX500 and should work with your G3X Touch system.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve

Avidyne says that if the wx500 works then the twx670 "should work". Only concern is as you say there is no guarantee. Not nice if you gonna fork out 7k + only to find out it's a waste. Can someone from garmin maybe test the compatibility or give a clearer answer

1. That seems unfair, Garmin can't be responsible for the programming of other manufacturers, they (avidyne) have to play ball in that department as well.

2. Before spending the coin on mine I read both the install and user's guide, there were no surprises with compatibility. Good news, they seem to be hard at work adding additional capability. I'm not sure how many experimental builders drop 11k on a certified weather product...so they may not have a market.

3. That was Garmin, on a weekend no less.

Thanks Steve

Avidyne says that if the wx500 works then the twx670 "should work". Only concern is as you say there is no guarantee. Not nice if you gonna fork out 7k + only to find out it's a waste. Can someone from garmin maybe test the compatibility or give a clearer answer

Thanks Paul

Sorry I didn't 't mean garmin have to test the compatibility issue. Just thought someone out there are using that combo. We aviators in Africa don't have live wx so we have to use other means of getting that info

Back